Around the block and through the orchard with the dog. 35mm tire, 42×15.
47.5 – 57 – 76 gear inches.
3.6 – 4.3 – 5.7 in gain ratios (I’m finally trying to internalize gain ratios).
- The backlash isn’t a feature.
- The back lash is not a dealbreaker, yet.
- Amazingly, the shifter just screws right onto the seatstay rack boss and shifts without turning. Thanks, Pants Pants!
- If it comes loose, I’m certain a piece can be fabricated that will lock it down.
- Already had to replace the shift cable, since I reorganized it mid-ride, but set it to ‘slack’ in gear 2, not gear 1. Or 3. The 1:1 high gear. Of course, I really cinched it down! Luckily, I used cables from the dead trigger shifters in the parts bin.
- Even old Speedblend tires make the red hub look normal and sedate.